The Error 0x80004005 can be happen due to many reasons but you don’t need to worry.
In this article we will provide you 7 solutions to fix error code 0X80004005 along with this you will also get to know that what is error code and what are the reasons behind this error.
Table of Contents
What is error code?
Error code is the massage that shows the problem of your computer. In this situation, the computer fails to boot and the software stops their working and as result the entire function stops.
Error Code 0X80004005 is the annoying error that brings difficulty in operational system. So here we will get to know about fixing this error code.
Reasons behind Error Code 0x80004005
1. Low space in Local Disc C Drive
2. Drivers need to be update
3. Window is affected by Virus
4. Error Code might occur while updating window 10
5. Corrupted window files such as opencl.dll
6. Window needs update
What happened when Error Code 0X80004005 Occurred?
When error code 0X80004005 occur the system freeze very frequently and some most common symptoms are listed below.
1. Software stops working (Even application doesn’t open)
2. Error Code occurs while sharing data through drive, window update or using virtual machine.
3. Error in extracting .zip files and .rar files.
4. Window takes more than usual time in booting process. (In starting up and shutting down)
5. Window takes time in responding commands of mouse and keyboard.
7 Methods to Fix Error Code 0X80004005 in window 7, 10
Method 1: Run the Troubleshooter to Keep Your System Up to Date
1. Press window key and open search bar option.
2. Now troubleshoot and press the enter key
3. In window option, click on update window and run troubleshoot again.
4. Wait for updating the window
5. Restart Computer after window update
Method 2: Run SFC Scan
It can be another reason behind this window error, in order to get rid you need to run the SFC scan by just following the instructions.
1. Click start button and open search box.
2. Type “cmd” and press enter and command black box will be open
3. Type “sfc / scannow” and press enter option
4. Now SPC will start scanning the errors and other corrupt files
Method 3: Update Drivers
Drivers play a very efficient role in window operation. If drivers are not updated then many functions and application will not respond or work properly.
Not only software but hardware issues can be solve just by updating the drivers. Many times the error only occurs due to outdated drivers.
(Note: You must update the drivers from official websites of manufacturer or Microsoft website and make sure that drivers must be compatible with your operating system.)
1. Press start button and open search box
2. Enter update drivers and press enter.
3. Now list of drivers appears
4. Select system device and click on the update.
Your drivers will be update within few minutes depending upon your internet speed.
Method 4: Manual Command option [Best Alternative option]
1. Click on window start button and type cmd in search box and press enter.
2. In black command option, type “regedit” and press enter button.
3. Choose the export option in registry editor from file menu.
4. Save the file with extension .reg and when you will click on the file, it will restore the registry.
In order to verify window activation, click right button on my Computer icon and select properties.
In this new window, you will get to know that your window has been turned on correctly or not.
Method 5: Run Scannow Command
1. Click on start button
2. Now press “All programs” and then Accessories
3. Press right click on Command Prompt and choose the option Run as Administrator.
4. Now black screen will be appear on that you have to type sfc/scannow and press enter key.
The process will repair your whole operating system and after it completes, you need to restart the computer.
Method 6: Release space by removing temporary files
1. Open Run box by just pressing Win+R key.
2. Type Temp and press enter key
3. The folder open with all temporary files, select all by pressing Ctrl+A and press the delete button.
The process will delete your recently created cached files and helps to make space in Drive C.
Method 7: Use a new antivirus
Sometime an antivirus may act like a virus, so in that case you need to change your antivirus.
Firstly, uninstall current antivirus and if error still occurs then install new antivirus and scan your system again. The method is very effective in fixing error 0x80004005 in Windows 7.
We hope that these methods will surely helps in fixing the error 0x80004005 in Windows 7 and 10 operating system. If you still face any issue or have any another alternate then feel free to write in the comment section.
We are more than happy to assist you.